Friday, July 9, 2010

Pen and Ink Drawings, from "MotorCycle" and "Motorcycling".....I'm back on these, they fascinate me......

I've run pen and ink drawings from "MotorCycle", "MotorCycling" and other sources over several previous blogs....see Motorcycle pen and ink images in the subject listings off to the RHS of the blog.
I admire the skill of the artists.....
I keep a folder titled "Fillin Drawings" in my Aust. VOC magazine, FTDU, file......
Lets have a look at some for this blog....
No particular theme or order.....
Again, credit to Morton's MotorCycle Media in the UK for their use....
Left click on the images to enlarge....




Lubrication of the Veloce two stroke , poss. 1917


Lucas 1930 battery hydrometer reading.


Motorcycle show bystander....


Miller lighting innovations, 1954.




Moseley pneumatic saddle cover...


Mosely tyre advert, March 1935.


248cc Velocette MOV engine drawing...note the straight cut timing gears, so it is  one of the first couple of hundred engines made....


Primary chain adjustment....


Rake and trail.....


Rim security bolt location.....


Sodium filled exhaust valve, schematic, diagram...favoured in racing engines in the 1950's


solderless nipple replacement idea for a broken clutch cable...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis. That cable repair trick was a new one for me. I'll try to remember it whilst rallying the Velocettes.

ciao,
Pete