Saturday, July 12, 2008

A few Norton photos...just to show I'm not that "one-eyed"...

While I'm the Velobanjogent, and the Velo in the name indicates, yes I'll admit it, a passion for Velocette, I like most other older motorcycles, so here are some Norton ones of interest, more to follow in a future blog...
Yes that's me on the 350 Manx, which I borrowed from Dennis Fry in 1980s and used in the Vintage race at the Bathurst circuit, west of Sydney. 8200 on the clock down the 1¼ mile straight in top and they handle great... but judging by the lack of interest in the expression on friend John Herrick's face, he wasn't impressed with the yarn I was spinning....








The badly knocked about Norton, unsure of the date, but it was in the IOM TT races and the crash occured on the mountain. When..anybody's guess, likely in 1930s.








The Filtrate Trophy was donated by Filtrate Oil in 1960s and is a Manx Norton crankshaft assembly..




Left click on photos to enlarge..

No comments: