Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pen and Ink Drawings, from "Moto Revue" and "Moto Magazine".....I'm back on these, they fascinate me, but this time they are from French motorcycle magazines of the past......

I had intended this blog to be on Vincent speedometers.., but it isn't quite ready and as  said I have a particular admiration and fascination for the line drawings used in the 1920's/30's before photographic art took over to illustrate motorcycle magazines of the time.
Friend Gert Boll obliged with something different when he knew I had a small collection in my archive of the French motorcycle magazines "Moto Revue".
He emailed me copies pages from "Moto Revue" and "Moto Magazine"with examples of a pen and ink drawings illustrating them from the 1920's to about 1950....
So lets wander through some and if your French is up to scratch, you can read the text.....
Left click on the images to enlarge them.....



















No comments: